Wine Stiq | Bottle (2 single uses)
The most effective sulfite removal for wine lovers like you seeking to reduce the intake of harmful preservatives and negative side effects.
With a few stirs, you will:
- Cheers to fewer side effects like worsened morning-after headache, upset stomach, and facial redness
- Reduce free radicals, a major cause of chronic health problems
- Enjoy wine the way the winemaker intended, without sulfite preservatives
- Celebrate, knowing you reduced your consumption of harmful chemicals
- Each WINESTIQ treats a 750 ml bottle of wine
- Individually sealed to easily fit in your purse or pocket
- Works on your favorite red, white, rosé and sparkling wines
- BPA-free and 100% recyclable
- Patented technology & sustainably made in the USA
- 100% FDA-permitted food-grade ingredients
Sulfites are formed naturally during the wine fermentation process AND are an added preservative to prolong the shelf-life of wine. Drinking sulfites can lead to headaches, stuffiness, facial redness, itchiness, hives and make morning-after effects more severe.
Additionally, sulfites lead to the formation of free radicals, damage cells and increase the risk for the development of chronic and degenerative illness. With a few stirs, you will restore your glass of wine to its most natural and healthy state!
WINESTIQ is here to support the wine-lover in you on your journey to healthier living! "BeWell. LiveBetter."
WINESTIQ uses FDA-permitted food-grade ingredients and patented solution that neutralizes nanograms (a millionth of a gram) of sulfites into microdroplets of water, not altering the taste, color or aroma of your wine in the slightest.
Have a crack at the science:
Sulfites are added to wine as a preservative by either bubbling sulphur dioxide gas in the wine or adding potassium metabisulfite. Both are readily soluble in wine. The sulfur dioxide (SO2) gas equilibrates between Sulfur dioxide (SO2) + water (H2O) and hydrogen ions (H+) + Bisulfite ion (HSO3-). As the pH decreases the fraction of total sulfite present as the bisulfite ion increases so that at pH4 (wine has a pH range of 3-4) the bisulfite ion is the predominant species present in the wine. The bisulfite ion also exists in equilibrium with hydrogen ion (H+) + sulfite ion (SO3 2-). Similarly, the addition of potassium metabisulfite to wine creates an equilibrium of bisulfite and sulfite ions along with free potassium ions (K+). Addition of a scientifically tested, very specific measurement of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) oxidizes the bisulfite ion (HSO3-) to the bisulfate ion (HSO4-) and water which is then further converted to the sulfate ion (SO4-) plus water.